In this CORONA times, when life has already become a big question mark, only very few would think about luxurious life. Luxury means something that is an indulgence rather than a necessity. Certainly, before CORONA crisis began, for a chosen few, the life was lavish with sumptuousness quality. But after this crisis, to think about these luxuries itself is nothing short of widow breast-beating.
When future has become highly uncertain, few people are trying to impose their sense of luxury on the whole of the society and their neighbours irrespective of the facts of great peril to him and his neighbours at the slightest opportunity, anybody shall not take more than few moments to convert himself into a corpse(dead body).
The former US President Eisenhower has postulated two types of activities i.e Urgent and important. In a speech to the Second Assembly of the World Council of Churches, Eisenhower, who was quoting Dr J. Roscoe Miller, President of Northwestern University, said: “I have two kinds of problems: the urgent and the important. The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent.” This “Eisenhower Principle” is said to be how he organized his workload and priorities. Thus these activities were defined as under;
- Important activities have an outcome that leads to us achieving our goals, whether these are professional or personal.
- Urgent activities demand immediate attention and are usually associated with achieving someone else’s goals. They are often the ones we concentrate on and they demand attention because the consequences of not dealing with them are immediate.
Categories of Activities
- Important and Urgent-There are two distinct types of urgent and important activities: ones that you could not have foreseen, and others that you’ve left until the last minute.
- Important but Not Urgent-These are the activities that help you achieve your personal and professional goals, and complete important work.
- Not Important but Urgent-Urgent but not important tasks are things that prevent you from achieving your goals. Ask yourself whether you can reschedule or delegate them
- Not Important and Not Urgent-These activities are just a distraction – avoid them if possible. You can simply ignore or cancel many of them. However, some may be activities that other people want you to do, even though they don’t contribute to your own desired outcomes. Again, say “no” politely, if you can, and explain why you cannot do it.
A dictum of strong conviction becomes- When going gets tough, tough gets going. Therefore be tough with high will power in these times of corona 2019. In this toughness of life, as per the above parameters, we must simply forget not important not urgent activities. To stay healthy, free of CORONA should become an urgent and important activity.
Desirable, Essential and Emergent situations
Let us learn to differentiate desirable, essential and emergent situations. Let us use our discretion and expect from everybody only emergency services. When nature is squeezing life force and survival is at stake, let us perform and expect only emergency works. Non-emergent work though desirable or essential can be postponed for better times. Keep your morale high. Pray to God to grant to all of us the power of discretion.
When survival is at stake, it is most interesting and bizarre that few of occupants of Societies are raising very trivial issues just to keep themselves engaged thinking that the luxuries of life are more important than life itself. People are fighting on trivial issues like Common area electricity. How we can think issues of trivial nature. Few people are competent enough to demand of opening of the Swimming pool and accordingly is being filled by potable water.
The swimming pools are being fed either from potable water or has been filled from groundwater forgetting the larger benefit of water-saving. We must remember at all times that most of the borewells have reached to the last and deepest water aquifers. If we are not careful for saving water and misusing it in the pool, then time is not far off that we flat owners shall have to sell the houses at dirt prices and leave Hyderabad forever in search of water. Hyderabad has already numbers of locations like this.
At that time, the argument of when we have the flat for a certain facility, why we should not use it, shall fall flat on our face. But by that time, it shall be too late to realise our follies. In CORONA Times, how we can use Swimming pool safely without inviting any problem, what are the epidemic protocol from state govt that must be respected. It is such a poor argument that if we are taking one gram of poison and nothing is happening then we must take at least one kg of poison. It is such a ludicrous argument that only a few shall like it. I think during the last 51 days of lockdown, our negative energy has increased manifold than positive energy. We are wasting time in such frivolous issues than developing new skills, reading, writing, music for which we have spare time and a golden opportunity.
At the time of crisis, let us all display sincerity towards nature and humanity, by strengthening our core values, by saying noes to negative energies and show respect and love towards one and all by firmly believing that this time shall to pass.