The aftermath of Khatauli, Pukhryan train accidents are very interesting;
1. The previous Chairman Railway Board was a Stores officer (IRSS) who passed his entire career in finalizing stores tenders having practically zero technical knowledge and nil practical experience.
2. He managed the post of Chairman Railway Board through the age advantage and political contacts. Bloody he’ll to competency.
3. Not only 2 years as regular CRB, he was also given 2 years extension that too beyond 60 years, thus negating PM Modi directives. The grapevine is that a understanding was reached that whatever MR directions are, the same shall be approved by Railway Board. Was this a reward for yesmanship.
4. After these accidents and killing hundreds of passengers, a wisdom dawned upon Indian Railways that the CRB is to be sacked and new CRB was brought in who is having even more interesting career.
5. He never worked in field as in the initial stage itself he chose to serve by joining Public Sector Undertakings .He is practically zero Rly experience and what a choice that the same man who had brought Air India to the verge of selling it.
6. What a choice?
7. Hats off to our politicians.